We are pleased to announce that, from October 2011, the work of the project will be handed over to the Universities and Colleges Employers Association (UCEA). The move to UCEA will allow this work to be sustainable going forwards – tapping into their well-established networks, communications channels and research programmes. For more information or to get involved please contact Nicola Carter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure that your employees remain motivated, engaged and healthy during challenging times. Improving performance through wellbeing and engagement is a two year project funded by the Higher Education Funding Council for England in partnership with the Scottish Funding Council and Higher Education Funding Council for Wales to support institutions to enhance their performance through their people.
- Building on the successful Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) funded pilot project, Creating success through wellbeing in higher education, the focus of this project is on enhancing expertise and practice within institutions and developing a robust business case — proving that wellbeing and engagement really do make a difference.
- By subscribing to the website, Universities and Higher Education Institutions can access a wide range of resources to help enhance practice. Learn from the experiences of colleagues through our bank of case studies, make use of our newly developed resources and get advice from our panel of expert mentors.
- Our research will investigate the impact of wellbeing and engagement initiatives on employees and areas of performance. This evidence will help to demonstrate what interventions and activities are most effective and support the business case for investment in staff wellbeing.
- In 2010 Higher Education faces increasing challenges. We believe that investing in staff wellbeing is more important than ever during these times of change. If you need resources and information, to learn from others about what really works or help to prove that wellbeing makes a real difference — we’re here to lead the way.